Our History

image426343

Gershon's Deli was established in 1954 by Irv and Lena Gershon. They quickly outgrew their original storefront and in 1956, moved across the street to the present-day location.

Over the course of two decades, the Gershon's Deli name spread throughout the region, along with a thriving catering service. In 1973, Irv and Lena sold the business to their nephew Bob Lessner who, in turn, he sold it to "his adopted son and long-time employee Tony Lauria." For the next 31 years with his business partner Lou Gregory (who retired in 2009), Tony presided over this legendary eatery with unwavering attention to every detail, unrivaled commitment to quality and an ever-present, thousand-watt smile.

Gershon's Today

The Gershon's Tradition continues with Tony's daughters Antonia "Toni" Nelson and Bridget Battease at the helm. They remain true to the mission of Gershon's founders and the legacy of their beloved father...fresh food, freshly prepared and courteously served. Time honored recipes still prevail and continue to delight customers - young and old - through the decades.

image426345

Our Original Location 1954

image426346

Our Current Location 1956

image426344

Rebuild Design 1956

image426349

Gershon's Original Owners Irv & Lena Gershon

image426348

Bob Lessner

image426347

Tony Lauria

image426350

Gershon's Today